DRIVE THRU FLU CLINICS
Chapin Pediatrics believes all children ages 6 months and older should receive the flu vaccine even during the unusual times we are currently facing! We will be offering flu clinics this year but they will be looking a little bit different from years past. This year we will be offering drive through flu clinics. Our first clinic date is Thursday, September 24, from 4:30 pm until 7 pm. We will also have one November 5. These clinics will allow your children to receive the flu vaccine without having to leave your car. All you have to do is follow these simple steps.
- Children who are being vaccinated should remain secured in their car seat or seat belt and only occupy the end seats. No middle seats, please.
- Please dress your child for easy access to arms and legs. 5 year olds and up will receive vaccines in their arms while 4 year olds and younger will receive vaccines in their legs.
- Children receiving the vaccine should not be eating or drinking during the vaccination.
- Please do not have any pets in your vehicle.
- If the patient drives themselves to receive the vaccine, they will be asked to pull to a parking spot for 15 minutes after vaccination before leaving.
- Prior to coming to the clinic, please visit our website or CLICK HERE to print out the flu shot questionnaire for EACH child who will be receiving the flu vaccination. Fill out the form and provide it to the check in staff when you arrive. This will help things run more smoothly if done prior to your arrival.
You CANNOT get the flu vaccine if you have been in contact with someone with COVID 19 within the past 2 weeks, have been exposed to someone who is awaiting COVID 19 test results, or are currently experiencing sick symptoms.
Coronavirus and Community Helps
In early March, we created a page within our blog to offer – in one landing place – Coronavirus-related content we’ve shared on our website, on our Facebook page, or on both.
As we continue to post any key updates, we will post at this link and on our Facebook page – and content on this page displays in reverse chronological fashion (newest on top scrolling to oldest on bottom).